Friday, February 14, 2014

Let It Go and Frozen

Okay, so lately in Korea it has been colder than I thought it would be and I have been FROZEN. Also in Korea they love the movie FROZEN! And when I say love I mean love it, adore it, basically worship it. Every time I am out wandering the streets and shopping I can hear the song, Let It Go, 5 or 6 times within an hour time span. So here are some entertaining variations of the song.

The first one is about Korean Winter Soup. Most of my students ate tteokguk (pronounced like duck gook with a strong t / d sound with the two t's at the beginning) with their families to celebrate Lunar New Year at the end of January. This video was introduced to me by my younger students but all of my students have seen it.


This next video was one I showed to my advanced students about the danger of Google Translate, and how sometimes things don't translate very well. If you have not listened to the original song 1 million times and memorized the lyrics, you may need to listen to it first to understand some of the flaws with the translation.

Anyways, It's Friday night now and Valenti's Day so I best be going. But I hope you enjoyed these videos and I strongly encourage you to see the movie Frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment